Installing Dadamail

I have read a bunch of threads, what I am looking for is a newsletter program (send out only) that allows subscribers to opt in/out. From what I have read, Dadamail is best suited for this vs Mailman, and is easier to use. To install Dadamail, can I just upload the .tar file thru the file manager in cpanel and unzip there? or do I need to unzip on my desktop and then FTP as the instructions say? It seems like some have had problems with the FTP route (changing case), and I would like to simplify the install....Thx<br /><br />Also, how do I add the subscribe page to the website?<!--content-->
Either method should work.<br /><br />Sorry I've never used Dadamail so I don't know how to set up the subscription. I'm sure one of our users will be along to answer.<!--content-->
in looking at the instructions<br />there are some folders that are not normally uploaded<br />You need to uncompress the files and edit the Config.pm file<br />then upload<br />Most people have trouble in editing the Config.pm file.<br />You have to go inside far enough to find the right places to edit as the first part of the file has a lot of documentation.<br />The newest version has improved that and numbers the parts to edit.<br /><br />If you follow the installation as per their site, <br />you will be fine.<br />If you do have trouble, let us know and we will do our best to help.<!--content-->

Back