INSERT mysql_num_rows as a varible

bolka

I am creating a CMS in in which when you ADD NEW PAGE, a display_order will automatically grab the next highest number according to the number of rows already present. Here's what I currently have:\[code\]<?phpif(isset($_POST['updateContent'])){ require ("connection.php"); $sql = "SELECT * FROM pages"; $result = $conn->query($sql) or die(mysqli_error()); $content = $_POST['content']; $title = $_POST['title']; $id = $_POST['id']; $order = mysqli_num_rows($result); if (empty($id)){ /** ADD NEW SLIDE*/ $sql = "INSERT INTO pages (title, content, display_order, visible) VALUES ('".$title."', '".$content.", '".$order.", 0)"; }else{ /** UPDATE SLIDE*/ $sql = "UPDATE pages SET content = '".$content."', title = '".$title."' WHERE id = '".$id."'"; } if ($result){ header("Location: admin.php"); }}?>\[/code\]What this code is doing is taking the HTML form that I'm using in a page called edit.php and determining if it is new page or simply a page that is being updated. The error that I am getting is that NOTHING is posting to the database at all. If I remove the \[code\]$sql\[/code\], \[code\]$result\[/code\] and \[code\]$order\[/code\] lines.. the script works fine, but the display_order variable will not be set to the next highest number.