Insert element into XML using XQuery and Java

GoopTrorgix

I need to insert a new element into an XML document using XQuery insert expression. I am using \[code\]saxon\[/code\] as a java api. I am new to XQuery so I am not sure about the exact structure of the insert expression. Can anyone help me in this please.My XML file looks like the following:\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><breakfast_menu><food> <name>Belgian Waffles</name> <price>$5.95</price> <description>two of our famous Belgian Waffles with plenty of real maple syrup<description> <calories>650</calories></food> </breakfast_menu>\[/code\]and the java code I have for executing the insertion is \[code\]public void insert() throws XQException{ String queryString = //"declare variable $docName as xs:string external;" + sep + "variable $stores := doc("+"food.xml"+")/*;"+ "insert node element food {"+ "element name { \"brnj\" },"+ "element price { \"$20\" },"+ "element description { \"whatever\" },"+ "element calories { 300 },"+ "} into $stores;"; XQPreparedExpression expr = conn.prepareExpression(queryString); expr.bindObject(new QName("stores"), "food.xml", null); XQResultSequence rs = expr.executeQuery();}\[/code\]the error I get is in the syntax of the query string. Please help.

Back