Insert an ordered list into your message

liunx

Hi, I want to be able to Open a new 'Explorer' window that defaults to lets say 'C:\' on the local machine or a network DRV. I want to be able to launch this from a link on a web page, that has been designed using Flash technology (using the Swish Program).<br />
<br />
The reason i wont to do this is because it is for a intranet project i am playing around with, that could enable users to open a Explorer window displaying their Networked Home Drive...<br />
<br />
Can it be done using the Flash technology or would it have to be done in Dreamweaver?<br />
<br />
Any Suggestions or tips welcome.<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
Danny<!--content-->you should be able to do that with flash..<br />
<br />
1. use geturl function and call javascript from flash which will open new window. Like s:<br />
<br />
geturl("javascript:OpenWindow('C:\','newWIn,'')")<br />
2.Define function in the JavaScript code area which will open the window.<br />
<br />
<script language="JavaScript"><br />
function OpenWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures) {<br />
newWindow=window.open(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures); <br />
}<br />
<br />
</script><!--content-->I know its a long shot, but I am designing the page using the program called 'Swish' (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.swishzone.com">www.swishzone.com</a><!-- w -->). This proggie uses and pages using Flash technology but it is not Flash by Macromedia... <br />
Do you think that I should still be able to do the GetURL & java script things init?<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
Danny<!--content-->I have no idea,,,:D <br />
<br />
Try it and see how it works...<!--content-->

Back