Inputs masks

liunx

Hey,<br />
<br />
I've been trying to format certain textboxes (area code & phone number, date etc.) in html. I've been using jscript thus far, but I'd rather use another way if there's an easier one. So is there anyting that can be done in html to format textboxes that doesn't involve a scripting languages? <br />
<br />
thx<br />
unique<!--content-->j/s is easiest, if by "formatting" you mean checking data or doing something retroactively with the data in the box. (straight HTML can limit max characters, box size, etc.)<br />
...if you want to change the colours, use CSS.<br />
is that what you were asking?<!--content-->Thanx for your reply.<br />
<br />
But what I was getting at is a way to put something like <br />
(xxx)xxx-xxxx or xx/xx/xx(for a date) into a textbox by default. Not the x's but the parenthesis for the area code and then a dash after the prefix for the phone number. In MS Access it's called an input mask.<br />
<br />
I've got a way to do it with js, but it's giving me errors on the loading of my page, so I'd like to find another way...<!--content-->I would just make three separate fields, and concatenate them bofre submitting the form. The date things is even easier. There is a javascript calendar, which allows users to click on a date, and it suto fills the field. <br />
<br />
Or we can trouble shoot your script (if you post it).<!--content-->yeah, post the script, we're debuggin' FIENDS!<!--content-->

Back