input mask (I think)

windows

G'day all :)<br />
Is there anyway I can mask a text input field in html, so that someone need only put in the name of an image, instead of the full URL? EG<br />
<br />
image has been uploaded 'pic.jpg'<br />
<br />
how can I make the field already have <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.domain.com/images/">http://www.domain.com/images/</a><!-- m --> (invisible, if possible!)<br />
<br />
so they only need to enter 'pic.jpg', or alternatively, just 'pic'?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
<br />
Tim<!--content-->your question is not very clear but.....<br />
<br />
since it sounds like you are using a script to process a form, just have the script add the URL to the image name when the form is submitted to the script.<br />
<br />
What you want to do might be possible using javascript, but really, its a bad solution to a simple problem: have the script do the work.<!--content-->just do as Kevin said. have them enter the name of the image and then on the backend just add the url yourself. but what if it is the worng url?<!--content-->I better explain myself I think LOL :) I have a two part script that uploads images (more than one, if required) then lets the user put in the details. Knowing what non computer people are like, I'd like to make it as simple as possible, so if they could just input the file name, it would be great. Kevin, your idea sounds like a plan, however, I'm not familiar enough with perl to know how to do that :(<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help guys,<br />
<br />
Tim<!--content-->uploads the images from the users hard drive? are you using the file input tag?<!--content-->Originally posted by kwdtim <br />
I better explain myself I think LOL :) I have a two part script that uploads images (more than one, if required) then lets the user put in the details. Knowing what non computer people are like, I'd like to make it as simple as possible, so if they could just input the file name, it would be great. Kevin, your idea sounds like a plan, however, I'm not familiar enough with perl to know how to do that :(<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help guys,<br />
<br />
Tim <br />
<br />
It should be very simple, I could probably help you with the Perl part of it if its not too much work.<!--content-->can php do it?<br />
<br />
in my opinion, php would be more efficient if it can do it... and i don't see why it can't unless the upload script is in perl or antiphp thing... lol<!--content-->Originally posted by pyrexyn <br />
can php do it?<br />
<br />
in my opinion, php would be more efficient if it can do it... and i don't see why it can't unless the upload script is in perl or antiphp thing... lol <br />
<br />
Why would PHP be more "efficient"? The mere fact that you know some PHP instead of some Perl? ;)<!--content-->

Back