Initial Browser window with no menu etc

liunx

I can open up a new browser/window without any browser elements such as the menu bar, address bar and scroll bar etc etc. But I want to have the same control on the very first, initial html page. ie my index.html file.<br />
<br />
does anyone know how to do this or can point me in the right direction?<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<!--content-->The right direction is to stop being so obnoxious and design your web site so it is displayed in the window user is given to it.<!--content-->Originally posted by alfaevans <br />
I can open up a new browser/window without any browser elements such as the menu bar, address bar and scroll bar etc etc. But I want to have the same control on the very first, initial html page. ie my index.html file.<br />
<br />
does anyone know how to do this or can point me in the right direction?<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance. <br />
Heheh, as Vladdy so bluntly put it, it's not really a good idea. On top of that, it isn't possible. You can't modify the window chrome without opening a new one.<!--content-->...<br />
<br />
Cheers Paul, but I have a cunning plan.<br />
<br />
Edited by pyro<!--content-->Originally posted by alfaevans and edited by pyro<br />
...<br />
... That was so uncalled for. :mad:<!--content-->Jeese someone really wants some help. If you are not going to keep a civil tongue you will be banned. This is not the place for saying crap like that.<!--content-->alfaevans, consider this your one and only warning. As Peo said, if you can't keep a civil tongue, you will get banned. Don't try that one again.<!--content-->Look gents; for my first post I found vladdy's response quiet strong. Is that how you all treat newbies? what a warm and welcoming site eh?<br />
<br />
Anyhow I was obviously right with my assumption and I touched a raw nerve. Nevermind he'll get over it. Theres operations out there........<!--content-->Originally posted by alfaevans <br />
Look gents; for my first post I found vladdy's response quiet strong. Is that how you all treat newbies? what a warm and welcoming site eh?<br />
<br />
Anyhow I was obviously right with my assumption and I touched a raw nerve. Nevermind he'll get over it. Theres operations out there........ As his status says he is a helper not a pleaser. Vladdy never saw your post, but we did and it ticked us off. So take the advice you get and do with it what you want, but do not criticize the people who are giving the advice. Vladdy was just telling you like it is, and I aggree with his original statement.<!--content-->Did I miss something <emoticon src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"http://www.vladdy.net/dre.jpg" /> :D<!--content-->Originally posted by Vladdy <br />
Did I miss something <emoticon src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"http://www.vladdy.net/dre.jpg" /> :D Lol... yes you missed something. Out pal Alfaevans said several not nice things about you. Lets just say his language was very colorful. Used a couple of nice explicatives that you do not hear every day....<!--content-->Thanks, .... I should have sugar-coated my initial reply... I suppose :rolleyes: ... but it would not be me then :D :D :D<!--content-->Originally posted by Vladdy <br />
Thanks, .... I should have sugar-coated my initial reply... I suppose :rolleyes: ... but it would not be me then :D :D :D <br />
<br />
I probably would have been as equally blunt with anybody trying to screw around with the user's browser.<!--content-->Originally posted by spufi <br />
I probably would have been as equally blunt with anybody trying to screw around with the user's browser. What would be the point of doing this anyway? If it is an attempt to make sure the browser windows is always the same size then that is definatly a bad idea.<!--content-->PeOfEo, how many explicatives? There wasn't one. Yanks eh? not exactly known for their intelligence.<!--content-->Originally posted by PeOfEo <br />
What would be the point of doing this anyway? If it is an attempt to make sure the browser windows is always the same size then that is definatly a bad idea. <br />
<br />
It depends on what they were trying to do, but I have a really hard time justifying it being at all.<br />
<br />
And alfaevans, PeOfEo is from Florida and thus hardly a Yank unless you are using the term in relation to anyone who lives in the US.<!--content-->Originally posted by alfaevans <br />
PeOfEo, how many explicatives? There wasn't one. Yanks eh? not exactly known for their intelligence. I think the term you used for part of the femail anatomy could be reguarded as an explicative. You sure show your intelligence by insulting mine right after we warned you to keep a civil tongue.<!--content-->OK, I'll stop picking on you. Theres nothing wrong with you its just your grammer and spelling.<br />
<br />
whats a femail?<br />
what the hell does reguarded mean?<br />
explicative? dont you mean explicit?<br />
<br />
You actually warned me for explicative words (if you used explicit it would have made sense, and why the plural?), so what are you going to do now, ban me for picking you up on your grammer and spelling?<!--content-->I'm going to start by locking this thread...<!--content-->

Back