:D<!--content--><dic align="center"><br />
<br />
or <table align="center"><br />
<br />
or<br />
<br />
take these out as it is doing nothing<br />
<br />
margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto<!--content-->Thanks for the reply. However I wasn't wanting to use deprecated tag attributes, such as, align="center". Is there another way to get around this via CSS?<br />
<br />
Ty,<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->good luck. I haven't found any beside what you already listed.<br />
<br />
beside, NS, depending on what version, will not do margins. and it seems that NS6+ will not center that either. <br />
<br />
I understand what you want and why, but you have to decide what you 3want. some tags will not work in al browsers and you are forced to use deprecated tags. I still use them. some times you don't have any choice. besides it will be years before it goes away, if it even does.<!--content-->It's a sad commentary that today's knowledge combined with technoligies can't create a browser that is W3C compliant, considering they are to be the governing body over web programming languages.<br />
<br />
:rolleyes: <br />
<br />
...no further comment your honor.<!--content-->Well, somehow I was able to get the table to center! How? Not really sure, because I'm scripting the table prety much the same way.<br />
<br />
But check this out:<br />
<br />
<br />
<div class="center"><br />
<table style="width:75%; vertical-align:top; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
blah blah bleh<br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</div><br />
<br />
<br />
After process of eliminating attributes, my guess was that the margin attributes in the table tag made all of the difference. However, that is quite interesting; because of this other way of scripting it as I wrote earlier:<br />
<br />
<div style="text-align:center; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;"><br />
<table style="align:center;"><br />
<br />
<br />
Life's a mystery aint it!? Anyway, the problem worked and I didn't have to use deprecated tags. :D<br />
<br />
FYI, I am using IE6.0, NS7.0, OP7.01<br />
<br />
Maybe this will help someone sometime. <br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->Good job Thee Gandalf. If you hadn't got it to work you shouldn't have worried too much about whether or not to use the align="center". I just finished a sample site made with tables using that and it validates as 4.01 transitional without any errors or warnings. But I'm just like you, I want my sites to be "right" even though it may not be technically possible. :D<!--content-->

Back