Incrediably confused

liunx

Hi Everyone,<br />
<br />
I just wandered here and it seems to what I have been looking for for awhile now. I am NO TECHIE though I have ventured into trying html at least but have many problems with page loading in an appropriate time and browser compatibilty. This gal would really, really, really...apprechiate some advice (that is in laymans terms for the average non html builder).<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Easybaby<br />
<br />
website- <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.angelfire.com/art/onwalls/mainpage.html">www.angelfire.com/art/onwalls/mainpage.html</a><!-- w --><!--content-->well, I'll agree with you. When I first came here.... all I wanted was a website review. I quickly found this a warm and welcoming place to build my knowledge base for web... via web.<br />
<br />
Now, to get you started... why dont you tell us how you code the page. Looks hand coded. Maybe we can recommend some tutorials. <br />
<br />
If you have a specific problem, we can address that too.<br />
<br />
The page loaded just fine for me.<!--content-->Yikes! That purple background made me think I was having a flashback I think. I would ditch that and get a lot more content on your mainpage, like some pictures and a logo of some sort.<!--content-->The scrolling text applet on your home page is slowing down the initial displaying of the home page. The effect is so minimal and down so low on the page I would just remove it. The page will display faster if the applet is removed.<br />
<br />
I looked at the first image on the PA-NY page and the file size of the image is an ungodly 245KB. You need to reduce the file sizes of your images by using an image editing program and applying JPG compression. The image I saw could easily be reduced to 40KB no problem (probably lower and still look good). Will load much much faster if the file size is reduced before uploading the image to your website.<br />
<br />
The pages do not have much visual appeal, a few words/links over a background image leading to unadorned content (and that same background image with a slight variation in color). <br />
<br />
Learn to present the content in a more appealing manner using better design and layout. Look at webpages that you like and "view source" to get an idea how the page is put together. It will take a while depending on your personal apptitude to learn HTML and webdesign (which is much more than just HTML) but you already know the basics so just keep learning and the pieces will start to fall into place. I doubt you learned to write such stimulating poetry in a day.....<br />
<br />
Kevin<!--content-->

Back