inconsistent text sizes

liunx

I am having problems keeping text sizes consistent between different monitor sizes. <br />
<br />
On a 17" monitor, everything looks fine. <br />
<br />
On a 15" monitor, all text is enlarged and ruins the site appearance. <br />
<br />
I have already checked the resolution and the site works fine in all resolutions. <br />
<br />
My site url is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tyuen.com/home.htm">http://www.tyuen.com/home.htm</a><!-- m --> <br />
<br />
Please help! <br />
Thanks.<!--content-->well for one your site has a horizontal scroll bar on my 19" monitor. not to good if I have to scroll for such a big monitor. also you have to realize that a 15" monitor has a bigger pixels, and a 17-19 monitors have smaller pixels compared to a 15"<br />
<br />
also you are using a 7.5 font as it is when the average size is 10<!--content-->will changing the average size font to 10 make it consistent across different monitors?<!--content-->it might be closer, but it will never be consistant. just remember everybody has thier own references as far as having what size text that shows.<!--content-->still no luck!<!--content-->I think that is the challenge of webprogramming, to make a site so that when parts of it expand or contract, that the empty spaces are simply filled white and the words centered, not the words pushing pictures out of the way. I say when because there are a zillion combinations, factors include resolution, windowsize (is it maximized?), is the user blind and need large fonts, which can all mix up to make you unhappy; either force your exact concept down people's modems or loosen your concept to accept the web as a variable nature.<br />
<br />
Remember different monitors are like different magnifying glasses; the area a picture takes up varies, right? (A 640x480 pic doesn't fit a 1024 screen.) So will the fonts too. But the fonts are not proportional to pictures, when resolutions increase (so you can still read them!). Hence your design-delima.<br />
<br />
You have two choices: Accept that your design will not work on some computers, or change the perfect words-surrounded-by-pictures-box design so it can expand safely (no gapping holes).<!--content-->hahah..the fun job of a web developer<br />
<br />
thanks for the insight<!--content-->

Back