Implement Error Handling to my framework

SteamTank

I am about to start implementing error handling into my framework and looking for some advice on how to build it.Firstly let me explain how my framework is currently built up:Im separating the framework startup from the application startup, so any errors caused within the application startup should be handled specifically by a class dedicated to that.My idea is to have a class called \[code\]Core_Error_exception\[/code\] witch will set the error reporting to \[code\]E_ALL\[/code\] as my framework will be strict on errors for PHP 5.3, then as my as my application load I will run a shutdown function function within that class to restore all default values changed.What im looking to do is capture all errors that are \[code\]E_*_NOTICE\[/code\] and not \[code\]E_*_ERROR\[/code\] and then before the application starts I tell the class to stop capturing errors as the \[code\]Application_Error_Exception\[/code\] will be watching out for errors.So i will need a way to track all errors including exceptions and triggers and then before the application initializes show a framework debug page.The kind of class I was looking for is like so:\[code\]class Core_Error_Exception{ var $previus_error_level,$captured_contents; private $stack_trace = array(); public function Core_Error_Exception() { $this->previus_error_level = error_reporting(-1); set_error_handler(array($this,'_collect_error')); set_exception_handler(array($this,'_collect_error')); ob_start(array($this,'_capture')); } public function _collect_error($errno, $errstr, $errfile, $errline, $context) { $this->stack_trace[] = array( array('name' => 'Error ID:', 'value' => $errno), array('name' => 'Error String:','value' => $errstr), array('name' => 'Error File:', 'value' => $errfile), array('name' => 'Error Line:', 'value' => $errline), array('name' => 'Context PRE:', 'value' => $context) ); var_dump($this->stack_trace); } /* * _capture is used to capture pre_bufferd content. */ public function _capture($content,$bitfeild) { if($bitfeild & PHP_OUTPUT_HANDLER_START) { $this->captured_contents = $content; } if($bitfeild & PHP_OUTPUT_HANDLER_CONT) { $this->captured_contents .= $content; } if($bitfeild & PHP_OUTPUT_HANDLER_END) { $this->captured_contents .= $content; } return false; }}\[/code\]So what im looking to do is to be able to construct this class in a fall-proof way so that any notice errors that may have been triggered will be placed into an array, if an E_ERROR notice is called then this automatically run the shut-down at that point, to prevent more errors being caused.I will be using a small html template handler where I can pass into that context sets of errors, so Notice errors and a single \[code\]E_*_ERROR\[/code\] if applicable.Whats the best way to build this class as in the past I have had some difficulty in doing Error Tracking / Reporting.Updated: with current classIf errors are triggered such as trigger_error('test',XXX); I want to be able to track all errors until the application launches or an E_USER_ERROR has been triggered.Sometimes I struggle to fully grasp PHP's error system, and so on as sometimes i get confused in how to build it so its fall-proof.

Back