img tag stuff

windows

is there's any way to specify a max height or max width for an image tag, or to just set them but keep the aspect ratio?<br />
<br />
so basically if i have it set at height="170 width="170" if i put a picture in it thats 200X200 it will resize it down, but if its only 140X140 it will leave it as is...<br />
<br />
understand what i mean? if so<br />
help!<!--content-->so basically if i have it set at height="170 width="170" if i put a picture in it thats 200X200 it will resize it down<br />
<br />
tha tis correct. it will go the other way as well. but it will distort it and not recommended. if you have a big puture say 800x600 and you put in width=200, height=200 it will still load that big pucture, but in a small space.<!--content-->ya i know that.. <br />
what i want is 170x170 to be the max hieght and width. so yes if a 200x200 picture gets uploaded then it will be resized to 170x170..i want that part<br />
<br />
however if i were to upload a picture that was 140x140 i don't want it to resize that..just leave it was is.<br />
<br />
so that the max size is 170x170, but there is no minimum size...<br />
<br />
or am i crossing the html limits here?<!--content-->ahh yes you will need to use serverside programming to get the image info to determine the size. but not sure if you can resize it without using a image program.<!--content-->

Back