image sizing

windows

Hi<br />
I am trying to display an image in a browser with the same dimensions regardless of whether the user is at 800 X 600 or 1280 X 1000, but the picture looks bigger in the former than the latter. It has the same pixels but, I guess, the pixels are bigger.<br />
<br />
Question 1:<br />
Is there any way to have a picture appear the exact same size regardless of the resolution?<br />
<br />
Question 2: (harder)<br />
Do you know any way of displaying only a discrete piece of an image... for example, if the whole image is 200 by 400 pixels, and I wanted to display a box starting with the 20th pixel from the top to the 40th pixel, and from the 30th pixel from the left to the 50th pixel. (I'm trying to break up a bigger picture into little ones to create a jigsaw puzzle)<br />
Thanks,<br />
Steve Gordon<!--content-->i dont think thats possible for #1<br />
<br />
i do believe #2 can be done with some extremestyle confusing code that i would never know how to do;) <br />
<br />
sorry:(<!--content-->Question 1: You can set the image size in percentages. However this will blow the pixels up as you reach larger res's or shrink them as the res gets smaller. Either way you will get a loss of quality.<br />
<br />
Question 2: Why dont you just cut the image up? Then place it in a table layout.<!--content-->

Back