Image directory security

liunx

I know there is no such thing as total security but I seem to remember, way back when I was taking HTML classes that there was some way to protect your directories from being searched through. I want to keep people from directly acessing my image directories how do I do this. Was it something like placing an "index.html" file in the directory, is that right?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Walker<!--content-->Assuming index.html is setup a default document for the directory, that will work for simple protection. Depending on what web server is being used and if any customization has been done, default documents can vary. (IIS = default.asp, etc). Also, most web servers allow you to explicitly deny directory listing as well.<!--content-->couple of way. do what bassrek said or you can use .htaccess file to block file view.<!--content-->Since I don't have full access to the server I use (all I know is that it uses Apache), I do what bassrek suggested, by placing an index.html file in my directories.<br />
<br />
May not be the most secure way, but it seems to do the trick.<!--content-->Thanks guys, this info has helped. I placed an "index.html" file in one of my image directories and that did it. <br />
<br />
I may try putting an ".htaccess" file in one of my other directories to see what that does.<!--content-->

Back