im having a problem ...

liunx

i dont know where to put up this prob ...<br />
<br />
but its like this ... someone has either hacked into or somehow opened up the hotmail account of my friend and is sending out mails which has caused some serious problems to him ..<br />
<br />
1)-now what i wanted to ask wuz is there any way he cud have hacked into the hotmail account or did he obtained the password somehow. (any way its from the hotmail account & not any smtp fakemail)<br />
<br />
2)-is it possible for his ISP(emirates.net.ae) or us to track down this person considering the fact that it wuz dial-up access ip & the problem occured between 15-20 August... (hotmail guys told they wont give out any info)<br />
<br />
do give a reply immediatly ....<!--content-->is it possible for his ISP(emirates.net.ae) or us to track down this person considering the fact that it wuz dial-up access ip & the problem occured between 15-20 August<br />
<br />
That would be a very long shot with the dial-up. About one month ago someone hacked my Hotmail also, as Im on the computer alot I found it out quickly, they changed my password but didnt change my secret question info and I was able to get the password...relogon and change it again,<br />
as you mentioned...hotmail wasn't very helpful for me either to find out who this was.<!--content-->#1 A month or so back HotMail had a security flaw. I believe that someone found a way to access other peoples accounts through changing the URL in someway. HotMail was notified, and I think HotMail was down for sometime. And now everything seems to be normal.<br />
<br />
If you want more info, search the archives of news sites (they may have it, as I think I read it from there)<br />
<br />
#2 Yes; you can track them down.<!--content-->

Back