Iframes and anchors - problem

liunx

Hi<br />
<br />
I have a page which have inlined a few pages. These inlined pages contain anchors. The problem is that the anchors in the inline also work on the origin page (the page which contains the multiple inlines) and thereby scrolls to the bottom of the page. I tried to overwrite this problem using a javascript function that on onLoad use self.scrollTo(0, 0), and thereby set the origin page to scroll to 0,0. This works randomly, sometimes the page is loaded correctly othertimes not. <br />
<br />
To drop the anchors are unfortunately not an option, as this is a vital part of the user interface.<br />
<br />
Anyone who knows a solution to this problem?<!--content-->So basically you are saying that you have several anchors on the main page which also are present on the inlined page with the exact same name?<br />
<br />
Ifso, a simple option is renaming either one. But i think that working with a target="iframename" tag in your links works too ... i doubt it the solution is that simple tho since you prolly have the knowledge to use the target tag. :)<!--content-->Hi again<br />
<br />
I may did not clearly explain this, sorry, but i have no anchors on the main page whatsoever. There are only ancors in the inlined pages, which are different pages from the main one.<br />
<br />
The problem is that even though i have no anchors on the main page, the anchors from the inlined pages seems to overwrite the main page - and thus the main page is also scrolling to the last anchor in the inlined page..<br />
<br />
This is a really frustrating problem, any other ideas [ArcanE]?? (Or others)<!--content-->Can you show us the page somewhere? Makes it easier for us to understand and solve }:-)<!--content-->

Back