<Iframe>

liunx

Hi everyone,<br />
<br />
Does anyone know if its possible, when using Iframes, to have the height 'dynamic'?<br />
<br />
Basically I'm going to be using iframes for a customers site. They can update the pages themselves using our back office system so the pages could be larger than the iframe. I cannot use height="100%" due to the layout of the site (damn those designers!! :P ) but must have the iframe always equal the height of the page (again thanks to layout and customer choice I cant just have the height as 100% and have a scroll bar as they dont want scroll bars).<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<!--content-->umm even if you used 100% and the page is larger than the iframe, you will have scrollbars.....<br />
<br />
if you can't use 100% then try like 80%<!--content-->This would be hard to approach without having some examples of the intended content. But I would say you are not going to have much joy, not with a front end language anyway.<br />
<br />
You can dynamically set the height, but you don't have to have it set at 100%, would some other value not do? If you don't set a height explorer will set this to 300 pixels by default.<br />
<br />
What I am trying to understand is this... you can't have the height set to 100% due to layout, yet the customer wants the Iframe equal to height of the page? It seems you best sort out whats acheivable between you the designer and them the customer.<br />
<br />
A thought, If you want the Iframe to be equal to 100% height, the why are you useing an I frame. I would have thought a normal frameset would achieve this.<br />
<br />
I hope some of that helps, maybe a clearer idea of what you want would help.<!--content-->You can turn scrolling off with style sheets.<!--content-->Damn, pipped at the post.<!--content-->Originally posted by kdjoergensen <br />
You can turn scrolling off with style sheets. <br />
yeah but then half the content is gone if the page is longer than the iframe.<br />
<br />
<br />
entimp, you have to be faster than that :P<!--content-->Forget the style sheets, make life easier...<br />
<br />
<iframe scrolling="no"><br />
<br />
there simple as that and the correct way to do it.<!--content-->

Back