IFRAME Therefore IAM

liunx

Is there a way of setting the contents of an IFRAME without using the SRC parameter or the IFRAME.write method?<br />
<br />
I've got the formatted content in a PHP variable (newlines and all), and would like to be able to insert it into the IFRAME explicitly (i.e. via HTML)...<br />
<br />
Cheers.<!--content--><p style="height:100px; width:100px; overflow:auto">Nam liber tempor *** soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Nam liber tempor *** soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Nam liber tempor *** soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipitlobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum. </p><!--content-->What?<!--content-->Cut that, then paste that and then view that in any non-Netscap 4 graphical browser that was released this century .<!--content-->How do I get it into my IFRAME though? Putting it between the tags doesn't work. (Using IE 5)<!--content-->You don't. You use that instead of the IFRAME element. If you must use the IFRAME element and if you don't want to use a server side script and you don't want to use a clinet side script then your only other option is magic. Have you tried magic?<!--content-->You're a cheeky git aren't you?<br />
<br />
I've got to use an IFRAME as I'm making an online web site editor. If there was a way of setting the contents via HTML then it would be server-side...<!--content-->You'll need to use the new fangled Document Object Model. I'm not very well practised in those arts but the folks over at the DHTML forum are. And if you make clear from the start that you trying to make an online editor then the people there can be a good bit more helpful than they would be oherwise. Just be aware, this will have limited browser support.<!--content-->Thanks mate - I'll give it a go...<br />
<br />
For once browser support isn't a concern - i know the client has an up-to-date version of IE and he's the only person going to be using it. Wahoo!<!--content-->

Back