Iframe refreshing help

admin

Administrator
Staff member
My page I'm talking about - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="Http://www15.brinkster.com/ncaadynasty/main.htm">Http://www15.brinkster.com/ncaadynasty/main.htm</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Okay, when I click on the settings link at the top of the page, it brings me to the settings page. Now, I have a silent no-right click script on the settings page, which is in the content iframe. So I can't refresh just the page that Iframe is displaying. If I just press the refresh button on my browser, it refreshes the iframe, but it takes me back to the default iframe page that it starts out as. Is there anyway I can enable refreshing the frame without bringing it back to the default page displayed by the iframe?<br />
<br />
Or is there a code that automatically refreshes the content in the iframe right after a visitor clicks the link to view that page in the iframe? Like it refreshes 1 sec after it opens, but I don't want it to refresh every 1 second?<br />
<br />
Thanks, any help would be appreciated.<!--content-->There are two things you can do: one is automatic and one is user controlled.<br />
<br />
automatic<br />
<br />
<head><br />
<title>Your Title</title><br />
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5" /><br />
<!--Put any scripts, stylesheet things under the meta tag, right here--><br />
</head><br />
<br />
The title tag goes above the meta tag. The '5' that I highlighted is the number of seconds before refreshing. If you put the above on a page, for example, the page that loads within the iframe, it will refresh every 5 seconds. Tags such as the <script> or <style> go under the meta tag. So does the <link> tag.<br />
<br />
<br />
manual<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"javascript:location.reload()">Refresh</a><br />
<br />
The above makes a link that refreshes only the page that the link is on. So if you put it on the iframe content page, only that page will refresh.<!--content-->

Back