If-statements in emails?

liunx

I am creating batch "mail merge" emails. The data is coming from our own software (not a database such as Access). We have multiple fields which could contain the piece of information I need to complete my sentence with the merged data. Is there a way to compare the 2 sets of data for blank or existence and select which one to merge in?<br />
<br />
Within print letters I can do this with an IF-statement in Microsoft Word, but I cannot figure out how to do it in my HTML email.<br />
<br />
Ex: {IF {MERGEFIELD COMPANY} = "C" "{MERGEFIELD CONTACT NAME}"}{IF {MERGEFIELD COMPANY} = "" "{MERGEFIELD CUSTOMERNAME}"}<!--content-->hi,<br />
<br />
<br />
if you wish this to be answered proporly i would Re post in JavaScript Forum as they should be able to answer it for you.;) ;) ;) ;) ;)<!--content-->Javascript is not a good idea. You'll have to use a script to dynamically create email text and send them individually using something like a sendmail program.<!--content-->hi,<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
whta about the DHTML forum do you think it shouldgo in that forum then.<!--content-->

Back