if (mozilla == netscape) { confusion = high;};

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using JavaScript to detect browser (navigator.appName) and I noticed that when using Mozilla, the browser name is "Netscape." After hearing that, I realize that the steering wheel picture/logo does resemble Netscape Navigator. Does this mean that Mozilla is related to Netscape? And also (hopefully) does this mean that if it's compatible with Mozilla... it's compatible with Netscape (assuming the latest version)?<!--content-->netscape 7 is using mozilla engine (Gecko) so basically it is the same with more features.<br />
<br />
now that mozilla is going strong and AOL dropped support for Netscape I wouldn't worry about it.<br />
<br />
mozilla is Netscape without the added features<!--content-->Mozilla and Netscape are very related. Mozilla.org are/were (depending how you view it these days) the driving force behind the creation of the Netscape browsing platform. Mozilla is the engine if you can call it that, that powered Netscape.<!--content-->D'oh Scoutt sneaked in while I was typing... were you looking over my shoulder :P ?<!--content-->I even gave you a 3 minute window :P<br />
<br />
looking over should, heh you never know, I am the mystical one LOL<!--content-->

Back