IE Freezes

windows

I've recently downgraded my laptop from Vista to XP, and now IE 7 freezes randomly on certain webpages (.aspx) and by freeze, I mean IE has to be shutdown and restarted but everything else on my computer is fine. It seems to happen when I try to do multiple tasks at once, such as clicking on a link and scrolling down the page before it's completely loaded. My computer could handle this while running Vista and it's faster with XP on it, so it has nothing to do with the speed of my computer. I believe it happens on Java pages, and I've read multiple topics discussing that there was some problem with Java and IE that could cause this, but I never have found a full solution. Any help would be appreciated.Have you tried uninstalling Java to see if that's the actual problem?start IE without Add-ons. you can right click the icon on the desktop and select start without add-ons.In IE, I went into Tools->Internet Options->Programs->Manage Add-Ons, and there were two exact same versions of Java from Sun. I disabled one, and I haven't had any problems since.sounds like you need to scan for viruses.

Back