Iam about to give up!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I had a really nice website directory at homestead. <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.yourfreebiedirectory.homestead.com">www.yourfreebiedirectory.homestead.com</a><!-- w --><br />
I tried to move it and had nothing but problems! So I thought no problem I will just build a new one with Netscape Composer, well I have lots to learn! First question, Does anyone know how to create a seperate file for each new page I build.<br />
I also got a copy of the dreamweaver program, I dont know how to create a new file for pages I build in that. They have to be put in the root folder from what I can figure.<br />
I guess I am not as smart as I thought I was.<br />
I have been working on all this trying to move the site then trying to rebuild for about 4 weeks now. Please email me with any questions or answers. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --><br />
thankyou<!--content-->hi yfd8..<br />
<br />
u din' specify exactly what wuz ur problm.. dreamweaver is cool prog. to make web pages .. i too use it .. u can specify the root folder in sites-->new sites .. do give some more info of the problm u r facing.. & then i can help u ..<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
:angel:<!--content-->Dreamweaver is a very good program and is easy to use once you know how it works. I am a self taught Dreamweaver user, and I found the best way to get started was to work through the Dreamweaver tutorial and then go from there, learning new things as I needed to from the Help files.<br />
<br />
To create a new page, just go to file and new, and make sure you save it in the appropriate place within your website root folder. You can specify a new site by going to Site...New site...and specifying your root folder for that site.<br />
<br />
Good luck!<!--content-->It's not that hard, but at some point you need to take a few HTML tutorials. It'll make your life so much easier no matter which program you use. Once you learn the basic principles it's much, much easier to understand what your software is doing.<br />
As for making a new file for each page, you just choose "save as" when you create a page, no matter what program you're using. That part isn't really different from creating any kind of document.<!--content-->when I save a new page in dreamweaver it says insert disk in drive A, when I save it in anything else I cant pull it up again. And when I click on "site" New site. A box appears and says to enter a page name, i do that, thaen is says local root folder A:/ so I click save and it says,rootfolder A:/ does not exist.(but that is what apppears in the box)<br />
When I save my stuff in composer, I save it my documents. When I go to publish it, well thats where the problem is. I think Iam saving in the wrong folder.<br />
I sure hope I explained this ok. Thanks for you help everyone. I will make sure this site gets listed in my messageboard directory.<!--content-->I have no idea why it's telling you to insert disk into drive A unless it thinks that's where your site is located for some reason.<br />
First make a folder for your site. Then when you go to define a new site in Dreamweaver, browse to that folder, select it and that should do it as far as defining it locally is concerned. You can put in the server information for FTP if you have it, or you can add it later.<!--content-->this problm comes if u have made a new site under sites-->new site and specified ur root folder as A:\ <br />
<br />
if still having prob try this ..<br />
to make things simplr create a new folder in ur C drive for saving ur files .. say C:\yfd8 <br />
<br />
open up dreamweaver & under site click new site an' entr the foll info..<br />
Site name: some name<br />
Local Root Folder: C:\yfd8<br />
HTTP Address: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.yourfreebiedirectory.homestead.com">www.yourfreebiedirectory.homestead.com</a><!-- w --> <br />
(if thats ur websites base dir)<br />
<br />
if u wish to upload directly from here specify ur ftp details under remote info<br />
<br />
but take care while inserting links or options select Relative to : Document [recommended ]<br />
<br />
:angel:<!--content-->

Back