i want to make a froum from scratch i need help

liunx

i want to make a froum from scratch i need help!<br />
how? can someone give me a basic code for making a space for other people to put words on my website?<!--content-->This can either be quite easy or pretty hard, depending on what you want to do. If you want to make a threaded forum like this one, then it will take a long time and be a biger job than is likely to be done for you on this, or any, forum, unless you are willing to pay. If you do want a forum like this one, you may as well search for a free one to Download <!--more-->.<br />
If, however, you don't want threads or complex logins then it is a much more manageable prospect, and one which I can help you with. <br />
The first stage is deciding on a language to use. You cannot make one in just HTML, because it needs to be processed by the server. For this reason, you need a server-side language, such as PHP or ASP. You will also need a server that supports one of these. If you decide on either PHP or ASP, you can then post in either the PHP or ASP forums. You could also use Perl CGI, in which case the next step is posting in the CGI forums.<br />
<br />
Post again when you know what language you want to use.<!--content-->you can check mine in my profile I have a newer vers of it with profiles and all but I used asp.net to do it. You will need a server side language you can use ASP CGI PHP ASP.NET JSP SHTML and I probably left one out but you should eather just go to phpbb or xmb and get one of their forums premade or get a hosted one because if you do not know a server side language it will be a pain. Mine actually did not take me too long though and it gives me a lot more freedom then a hosted or premade forum. They both have their downsides.<!--content-->There are some fairly good forums out there that are free. (Invision Board I think is free...) But as PeOfEo said, scripting your own is free and gives you freedom, but takes time. However, doing so would be a great learning experience. (Even if you fail.) Another thing to help would be some knowledge of MySQL.<!--content-->sql is a definate no matter what you use because I used asp.net like I said and that uses sql statments and I use a sql server database.<!--content-->To make a threaded database like this I would write the threads to text files, and save profiles to a database.<!--content-->

Back