I screwed up Kyle's page

liunx

I started building this web page a couple of days ago and now I keep adding and adding. I've got the centering goofed up. The page is here (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wepay.com">http://www.wepay.com</a><!-- m -->).<br />
<br />
I asked in the javascript forum about making a graph that would advance as donations came in. A guy on there showed me some HTML and I modified it and put it in there. I was tweaking what he did and trying to incorporate this into my page. Before his code addition, I already had... <br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"> <br />
<!-- <br />
body {font-family:Arial, sans-serif} <br />
--> <br />
</style> <br />
<br />
...and I combined it with his STYLE code (for the bar chart deal) like below. Is this permissible? <br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"> <br />
<!-- <br />
body {font-family:Arial, sans-serif} <br />
td,th {vertical-align:bottom;text-align:center;padding:7px;} <br />
#bar1 {height:21px;width:20px;border:2px ridge red;background:red;} <br />
#bar2 {height:100px;width:20px;border:2px ridge blue;background:blue;} <br />
--> <br />
</style> <br />
<br />
EDIT: NOTE, I temporarily changed the above...<br />
td,th {vertical-align:bottom;text-align:center;padding:7px;} <br />
...to...<br />
td,th {vertical-align:bottom;text-align:left;padding:7px;} <br />
<br />
My alignment got all screwed up. Within the box toward top where it says "Kyle Photo Soon"... it was centered within that box. Not now. And I had the chart table centered within the page but not now. And it seems my left margin between the left text edge and the blue is closer now... seems I used to have more space there... between the text and blue and left and right. Maybe I need a cellpadding deal... I don't think i have that in the main table. I know enough to be dangerous.<br />
<br />
I've commented out some stuff that I didn't have time to fix, so if you look, disregard. Any advice is appreciated.<!--content--><table border="0" width="80px" height="80px" style="border: solid #000000 1px;" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><br />
<tr><br />
<div style="text-align:center;"><br />
<td width="100%" align="center">Kyle Photo<BR>Soon!</td><br />
</div><br />
</tr><br />
</table><!--content-->Originally posted by soccer362001 <br />
<table border="0" width="80px" height="80px" style="border: solid #000000 1px;" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><br />
<tr><br />
<div style="text-align:center;"><br />
<td width="100%" align="center">Kyle Photo<BR>Soon!</td><br />
</div><br />
</tr><br />
</table> <br />
<br />
That didn't work on my page. The text was centered, yes, but the table was not. So, I changed it to...<br />
<br />
<table border="0" width="80px" height="80px" style="border: solid #000000 1px;" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align="center"> <br />
<tr> <br />
<div style="text-align:center;"> <br />
<td width="100%" align="center">Kyle Photo<BR>Soon!</td> <br />
</div> <br />
</tr> <br />
</table><br />
<br />
...and now the table is centered but the TEXT is not.<br />
<br />
If anybody knows... the STYLE question in the orig post... and the question about the CHART not being centered. I've got something out of whack.<!--content--><div style="text-align:center;"> <br />
<table border="0" width="80px" height="80px" style="border: solid #000000 1px;" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> <br />
<tr> <br />
</tr> <br />
</table><br />
</div><!--content-->You are so nice for trying to help me but that text is still not centered. Maybe something in STYLE in HEAD is conflicting or something else I have done.<br />
<br />
Originally posted by soccer362001 <br />
<div style="text-align:center;"> <br />
<table border="0" width="80px" height="80px" style="border: solid #000000 1px;" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> <br />
<tr> <br />
</tr> <br />
</table><br />
</div><!--content-->What browser are you using? I am using msie 6 and it works fine.<br />
<br />
This may be your problem<br />
{vertical-align:bottom;text-align:left;padding:7px;}<!--content-->Wow, same browser, IE6. I refreshed. The text is left aligned on here. (in the "Kyle photo soon" table.) Same thing in AOL browser.<br />
<br />
HECK, in Opera7, the text is aligned LEFT and BOTTOM in that box. Plus, the red "2" in the donation amount box, is NOT red, it is black. Sheesh.<!--content-->Try changing this<br />
{vertical-align:bottom;text-align:left;padding:7px;}<br />
to this <br />
{vertical-align:bottom;text-align:center;padding:7px;}<!--content-->Originally posted by soccer362001 <br />
Try changing this<br />
{vertical-align:bottom;text-align:left;padding:7px;}<br />
to this <br />
{vertical-align:bottom;text-align:center;padding:7px;} <br />
<br />
Nope, that centers everything on page. Heck with it, I'm going to stick an image in there anyway. It just arrived in email.<br />
<br />
Although, I'd sure like to know what's causing the problem. ;)<!--content-->If you get rid of this <br />
{vertical-align:bottom;text-align:left;padding:7px;} <br />
you can use the <div style="text-align:center;"> and <div style="text-align:left;"><!--content-->

Back