I really need HTML help...

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hell you guys,<br />
I'm new here as you can see.. Looks like a good forum.<br />
<br />
But, I am a bit frustrated over something. I am starting a computer business and I am working on the website for it, and I am working with tables. I have tried over and over to get tables to work. But there is just something I am not doing right. Can someone please give me the HTML I should use on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.techeglobal.com/test.html">http://www.techeglobal.com/test.html</a><!-- m --> to make is there is 2 tables I guess. The first table would be the area where the menu and info and stuff is.. The second table would be where I could include the product information on the other side of the table. <br />
<br />
Can anyone look at this page and upload a text file or something with the Table tags included? or copy and post the html for it?<br />
<br />
Please Please<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Michael Barker<!--content-->I didn't mean to say Hell.. Sorry, I meant to say, "Hello You guys.."<br />
<br />
Sorry about that..<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Michael Barker<!--content-->For this type of situation I would make 3 tables. One that would cover the whole page, in the first <TD> I would put another table for the navigation. Then another table in the <TD> for the content of the page.<br />
<br />
Alot of people are moving away from tables and using CSS for exact positioning of elements on the page.<!--content-->Do remember that if you have NO text in one the table rows or columns then that part of the table will not display, so for the sake of testing, put it & nbsp; without the space after the &, in each row and column.<br />
<br />
TE<!--content-->gosh.. I have no idea what you guys are saying...<!--content-->I think what they are saying is... tables can't and wont display without SOMETHING in them. So instead of putting actual content in your <td>'s use<br />
<br />
<td>&nbsp;</td><br />
<td>&nbsp;</td><br />
<br />
I personally would make your navigation an image map and use CSS to position it. Thank god for CSS.! If you need more help i would be happy to email you a snippet<!--content-->ok so my & nbsp;'s didn't show up but put them in between the <td></td>.<!--content-->What he said :)<br />
<br />
TE<!--content-->

Back