i need help with forms

liunx

i have tried EVERYTHING! this is what i do: i make a page to submit something on my site. it has a bunch of input boxes and stuff. and how do i get the submit button to send me what the user has typed in the boxes above? this is what im using right now:<br />
<br />
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="mailto:[email protected]" enctype="text/plain"><br />
Username: <br />
<input name="username" type="text" id="username" size="30" maxlength="20"><br />
<br><br />
Password: <br />
<input name="password" type="password" id="password" size="30" maxlength="20"><br />
<br><br />
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"><br />
</form><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
and it dusnt work. it opens a 'send email' box, but the info isnt in the message.<!--content-->ACTION="mailto:[email protected] <br />
<br />
This will cause your default email program to open.<br />
<br />
You need a script to process the infromation.<br />
Php is the quickest, as is ASP. You can use CGI/Perl, but it isn't as fast. If your server supports php, I can send you a php script that will process all fields from a form and send them to a designated email address as well as redirect the person to a URL.<br />
<br />
Drop me an email at: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --><br />
<br />
Mike<!--content-->

Back