I just wanna build a form...

liunx

I am hosted at GoDaddy with Windows and asp.net.

All I need to do is build a form that will either send the data to a databse (preferred) or to an e-mail address.

I'm reading asp.net for dummies and have had quite a few conversations with the people at GoDaddy - I've cut, customized and pasted more code that doesn't work than does.

Anyone care to help a newbie get this simple little task working? I'd really appreciate it!

Respectfully,

Amadeo1) is it a job for us to bid? :) heheh
2) you asking for help with your code? or you asking for someone do it for you?
2a) if asking for help with ur code, which section of ur code got problems?
2b) if asking for someone do it for u, see (1)

if 2a) i suggest instead of copying a brunch of codes from the book and cross ur finger, lets do little by little at a time. i.e: 1) build form 2) build validation for the form 3) build object(s) that talks to ur database 4) build object(s) sends email 5) setup login to see when to send email, when to send to db or both.

puting everything into little pieces of block will be easier to work with.I am hosted at GoDaddy with Windows and asp.net.

All I need to do is build a form that will either send the data to a databse (preferred) or to an e-mail address.

I'm reading asp.net for dummies and have had quite a few conversations with the people at GoDaddy - I've cut, customized and pasted more code that doesn't work than does.

Anyone care to help a newbie get this simple little task working? I'd really appreciate it!

Respectfully,

Amadeo

At GoDaddy, did you get the database option? Meaning, does your plan come with sql server as your database or something?

Back