I installed this program but I don't understand the instructions on how to activate it.?

I have windows vista, I'm doing this on my personal computer.<br />
<br />
I downloaded from here http//www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A137998B-E8D6-4FFF-B805-2798D2C6E41D&displaylang=en<br />
<br />
These are the instructions on how to activate the program<br />
<br />
Microsoft Windows MultiPoint Software Development Kit (SDK)<br />
Creating a Windows MultiPoint Application<br />
<br />
The MultiPoint SDK allows developers to create applications that support multiple input devices. The Windows MultiPoint SDK includes support for multiple mice with Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointMousePlugIn.dll and Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointMouseControls.dll.<br />
<br />
Follow the steps below to get started using the Windows MultiPoint SDK to support multiple mouse devices. You can also refer the provided samples for additional examples.<br />
<br />
<br />
Step 1 Add References to Your Project<br />
<br />
Create a new project in Microsoft Visual Studio and add the following references (located in the MultiPoint SDK Bin folder) to your project <br />
Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointSDK.dll <br />
Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointCommonTypes.dll <br />
Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointInputFilter.dll <br />
Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointMousePlugIn.dll <br />
Step 2 Add MultiPoint-Enabled Controls<br />
<br />
Add MultiPoint-enabled controls to your project using the following XAML<br />
<br />
<br />
<Window xClass="TestApplication.Window1"<br />
<br />
xmlns="http//schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"<br />
<br />
xmlnsx="http//schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"<br />
<br />
xmlnsmpns="clr-namespaceMicrosoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointControls;assembly=Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointControls"<br />
<br />
Title="TestApplication" Height="300" Width="300"<br />
<br />
WindowState ="Maximized"><Grid><mpnsMultiPointButton Content="Click Me" Height="100" Width="200" Name="MultiPointTestButton" Margin="100,100,0,0" /><mpnsMultiPointTextBox Margin="104,80,188,0" Name="MultiPointTestTextBox" Height="23" VerticalAlignment="Top" /></Grid></Window><br />
<br />
Step 3 Add MultiPoint Device Support and Customize Cursors<br />
<br />
Create a public static instance of MultiPointSDK class in the App.xaml.cs so that the object instance is created and is available throughout the application.<br />
using Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointSDK; <br />
static public MultiPointSDK MultiPointObject = MultiPointSDK.GetInstance();<br />
Add the following namespaces in the Window1.xaml.cs file. <br />
<br />
<br />
using Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointCommonTypes;<br />
<br />
using Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointSDK;<br />
<br />
using Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointMousePlugIn;<br />
<br />
using Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointControls;<br />
<br />
Register the mouse device and draw visual for all mouse devices using the following.<br />
<br />
The RegisterMouseDevice and DrawMouseDevices methods can be called only after the CurrentWindow property is set to the current window. This can be done in the StartupUri window once the Window is loaded (in event handler for this.Loaded event). Alternatively DrawDevices method can be called to draw visuals for all registered devices.<br />
<br />
App.MultiPointObject.RegisterMouseDevice();<br />
<br />
App.MultiPointObject.CurrentWindow = this;<br />
<br />
App.MultiPointObject.DrawMouseDevices();<br />
<br />
Set the system cursor to a fixed position and hide it using the following code.<br />
<br />
// Move system cursor to a fixed location so it doesn't cause any trouble<br />
<br />
MultiPointSDK.SystemCursorPosition = new Point((int)this.Left + 10, (int)this.Top + 10);<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
// Hide the system cursor<br />
<br />
MultiPointSDK.HideSystemCursor();<br />
<br />
Set properties of the MultiPoint devices.<br />
<br />
// Set cursor color to green<br />
<br />
((MultiPointMouseDevice)((DeviceInfo)(App.MultiPointObject.MouseDeviceList[0])).DeviceVisual).CursorColor = System.Windows.Media.Colors.Green;<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
// Set cursor speed to 2<br />
<br />
((MultiPointMouseDevice)((DeviceInfo)(App.MultiPointObject.MouseDeviceList[0])).DeviceVisual).MouseSpeed = 2;<br />
<br />
Associate MultiPoint events with event handlers in the constructor of WPF window using the following<br />
<br />
// Preview events for Button<br />
<br />
MultiPointTestButton.MultiPointPreviewMouseLeftButtonDownEvent += new RoutedEventHandler(MultiPointTestButtonPreviewLeftButtonDown);<br />
<br />
MultiPointTestButton.MultiPointPreviewMouseLeftButtonUpEvent+=new RoutedEventHandler(MultiPointTestButtonPreviewLeftButtonUp);<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
// Preview events for TextBox<br />
<br />
MultiPointTestTextBox.MultiPointPreviewMouseLeftButtonDownEvent += new RoutedEventHandler(MultiPointTestTextBoxPreviewLeftButtonDown);<br />
<br />
MultiPointTestTextBox.MultiPointPreviewMouseLeftButtonUpEvent+=new RoutedEventHandler(MultiPointTestTextBoxPreviewLeftButtonUp);<br />
<br />
Additionally the SDK supports Plug-n-Play. The following events are raised when a device whose device-type is already registered has been plugged or un-plugged.<br />
<br />
// Device Arrival Event and Device Remove Complete Event<br />
<br />
App.MultiPointObject.DeviceArrivalEvent += new EventHandler<DeviceNotifyEventArgs>(MultiPointObject_DeviceArrivalEvent);<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
App.MultiPointObject.DeviceRemoveCompleteEvent += new EventHandler<DeviceNotifyEventArgs>(MultiPointObject_DeviceRemoveCompleteEvent);<br />
<br />
Add Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointSDK.dll.config from the MultiPointSDK\Bin directory as an existing item to your project. Change the ?Copy to Output Directory? property of this file to ?Copy if newer? so that the Windows MultiPoint SDK knows where to find the MultiPoint Mouse Plugin. Additionally the filter and provider dll?s should reside in the same folder as that of Microsoft.MultiPoint.MultiPointSDK.dll. <br />
<br />
Note Visual Studio Template <br />
<br />
The MultiPoint SDK provides the visual studio template to build MultiPoint application. It provides a starting point for writing MultiPoint applications.<br />

KaseyC

It's NOT a program. It's an SDK that tells how HOW to do the multipoint interface and a starting point to write your own programs. There's nothing to "activate".

It's like a resin/plastic model kit, with parts and instructions. YOU have to put it together with appropriate tools.

grr07

What you have downloaded is an SDK. A software development kit or devkit. A software development kit (SDK or "devkit"), also known as a Native Developer Kit (NDK) is typically a set of development tools that allows a software engineer to create applications for a certain software package, software framework, hardware platform, computer system, video game console, operating system, or similar platform.

I'll talk about java SDK cause I program in java. When you download the SDK in java, you are ready to program. But I need other tools to do that. (Like JCreator, TextPad, Notepad++, etc). Since I have the JavaSDK, it means that I can COMPILE and RUN my programs already.

The Microsoft Windows SDK (Software Development Kit) is a software development kit from Microsoft that contains header files, libraries, samples, documentation and tools utilizing the APIs required to successfully develop applications for Microsoft Windows and the .NET Framework 3.0/.NET Framework 3.5.