i have a margin problem!

liunx

I'm looking at my webpage (which isn't available online yet) in mozlla, netscape and internet explorer.<br />
i've got an image map menu on the left and in the body tag, i've got <body leftmargin="00" topmargin="00" marginheight="00" marginwidth="00"> so that the image-menu will be totally aligned to the left (i've got the image tag aligned to the left, too). the problem is that in internet explorer, there's about a five pixel margin to the left of the menu, but not in the others.<br />
what's wrong??? is there something ELSE i need to put so that it's relevant to IE?<!--content-->Old versions of Netscape required <body marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>to make the margins zero. The values are numbers, not strings. <br />
<br />
To cover all your bases, use something like this:<head><br />
<style><br />
body {margin: 0px; overflow: hidden}<br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
<body marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scroll=no><br />
...<br />
</body><!--content-->I am having a similar problem, except in my case my table cells won't stay stationary if I drag the mouse across the frame where the table lies. I tried the technique described above, which actually minimized the movement, but it is still there. Someone please check out my site (please no putdowns, I'm not a programmer at all) at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://members.cox.net/mrnvgtr/cgshome.html">http://members.cox.net/mrnvgtr/cgshome.html</a><!-- m --> and try dragging your mouse across the blank areas of the navigation menu until the whole menu, which is the table within the frame, moves. Thanks in advance for any help. Also, I have style sheets, so the Body reads <br />
BODY<br />
{<br />
BACKGROUND: fixed;<br />
COLOR: blue;<br />
MARGIN: 0px;<br />
OVERFLOW: hidden<br />
}<br />
<br />
Any suggestions to fix this annoying quirk would be greatly appreciated. My apologies to Pickles if I've treaded on your discussion. I hope any of my replies help you with your problem.<!--content-->Did u mean this problem occuers for NS4.x browsers?<br />
Cus I checked with both NS6+ and IE6+ and could not notice any movements while moving the mouse over and dragging the mouse over as well...<!--content-->Honestly, I don't know what version of IE I have. I don't have time right now to check, but maybe later this afternoon. That's good that it doesn't occur with your version. Just makes my situation more complicated though.<!--content-->I have IE 6.0. That's strange. Maybe its my resolution. I have it set very large (objects appear very small or distant), but actually that would make the problem better not worse. I guess I just need to program a whole new style of navigation bar. Maybe I'll take it out of that small frame that's giving me the problem and place it at the top of the one below it. I'm probably not going to get to that anytime really soon, so I'm still waiting for more help if anyone has any. Thanks.<!--content-->

Back