I hate the XHTML Specification, don't you?

liunx

I hate the new XHTML specification! I'm fine with ALL of it except:<br />
<br />
1) We have to add all that extra junk code (the DTD declerationa dn XML thingy)<br />
2) LOWERCASE TAGS!!! I CANT LIVE WITH IT!!! I am SO used to putting <HTML> I couldn't stand using <html>! Gah!<br />
<br />
I like W3C, but lowercaase tags especially, THAT'S RIDICULOUS!<!--content-->I guess you are a screaming type.. :rolleyes:<!--content-->Yep!!<!--content-->I know the feeling. I am continually using two different systems at work, one Windows based and the other DOS based. I drives me nuts when I switch because the older program requires everything to be in Uppercase, so everytime I switch I type about 15 characters before I remember to put my CAPS Lock on. Anyway, I'm just learning HTML and thankfully I've been taught to use lowercase. So I guess I won't have the same problem as you, but I know the frustration about Upper/Lowercase crap.<br />
<br />
Good Luck!<!--content-->The DTD isn't bad because you just copy/paste, or type it once, and you save it in a template page. The lowercase tags aren't much of a problem either because using upper case tags tends to be used as more of a visul thing. I use a text editor that has color coding for tags, so I can see them easily if they are upper, or lower case. Add to the fact my editor allows me to change the code that's created when I click on a HTML tag button such as the <p> tag button, and the upper/lower case problem isn't one. I know some of you are saying, "but I use Notepad." Well, I'm sorry to hear that. :-)<!--content-->Yeah I know. (Btw, I'm making my own NotePad program, it has a better GUI and a Music Player built in!) But lowercase tags just AREN'T NEAT. *sigh* And to think I read a book a while ago that said "Always use uppercase tags and attribues!) LOL<!--content-->Always, as in this has become an industry standard for HTML even though it is not a requirement. HTML books are well known for not really taking the time to deal with the W3C specs either.<!--content-->Yeah, and that book was REALLY old! Like back when CSS was new, DHTML was in the making, and Internet 2.0 was the best browser. ^_^<!--content-->

Back