I want to allow it to scroll vertically, but not horizontally..<br />
<br />
Does anyone know how to specify this?<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
<br />
<br />
Nicole<!--content-->love iframes. but i think scrolling is either yes or no. don't think you can eliminate only one bar.<!--content-->As with any window, frames or not. The sizes of the data and how it is coded determines if the scroll bars will show. You can control the scroll in a new windows, but not the default browser window. But you have to create the balance between scroll or the amount of data. More data and no scroll, all the data will not show.<br />
<br />
Having said all that, you are in control and can adjust the width of what you put in the window, like the width of images, the tables, and the window itself. This will eliminate the horizontal scroll, while allowing you to view everything in the window.<!--content-->I should have posted an example with my above comment. Here is one that I use:<br />
<br />
<iframe src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"xxxx.htm" name="iframe1" width="375" height="300" scrolling=no></iframe><br />
<br />
this eliminates all scroll bars no matter how much overflow there may be. but as I said above, don't think you can do one.<br />
<br />
Dave, I tried overflow once with no luck. I don't think it is valid with iframes.<!--content-->Hidden will only hide the content that exceeds<br />
Auto the content is clipped scrolling still can be a factor.<br />
May not work on Browsers older than IE6 or maybe NS<br />
<br />
<br />
visible Default. <br />
Content is not clipped and scroll bars are not added. Elements are clipped to the size of the containing window or frame.<br />
<br />
scroll<br />
Content is clipped and scroll bars are added, even if the content does not exceed the dimensions of the object.<br />
<br />
hidden<br />
Content that exceeds the dimensions of the object is not shown.<br />
<br />
auto<br />
Content is clipped and scrolling is added only when necessary.<!--content-->Just to sum up the correct solution form the bits and pieces in this thread.<br />
<br />
Use<br />
<iframe style="overflow:auto;"></iframe><br />
<br />
while making sure that the page you load in the iframe is not wider then the width of the iframe.<br />
<br />
That will give you only a vertical scrollbar (if needed).<!--content-->

Back