Staff member
Yeah, can someone please help me? I can't find out how to do like that:<br />
<br />
links | blah blah blah <br />
about | blah blah<br />
news |<br />
<br />
<br />
This is what my webpage is, and what I want to do is, for example, you click "about" and the whole webpage doesn't refresh, but only table, where "blah blah blah" stands. So, i don't know how to do like that? Anyone?<!--content-->Sounds to me like you want to use frames. It depends on how much content you really want though. You can do something likes this in javascript also. Where you click something and something else comes up in a different part of the page. I'm not too familliar with either of these.<!--content-->would you happen to mean frames?<br />
<br />
i think thats what you mean and i know just how to help you, when i was first learning how to do frames i made myself a document with everything i would ever need to know on how to make and use them, i have attached the file and hope it will help you as much as it has helped me<br />
<br />
good luck, Joe<!--content-->Well, something's a little bit complicated...i'll show ya an example of my webpage, i just only wanna table work where "w0ot w0ot" says when u click links, here, check it.<!--content-->Well, something's a little bit complicated...i'll show ya an example of my webpage, i just only wanna table work where "w0ot w0ot" says when u click links, here, check it. :confused: ummm not quite following you there mate<!--content-->Well, you see I attached an example webpage? So, on left side, you click "links" and on right side table refreshes, not only whole webpage. It's hard, I can't get through to it. You see html codes of example webpage: <br />
<br />
<br />
<html><head><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<STYLE>BODY {<br />
SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #8b0000; SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR: #a0adb6; SCROLLBAR-SHADOW-COLOR: #7d8f9c; SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR: #7d8f9c; SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #bcbec0; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #000000; SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR: #bcbec0<br />
}<br />
.sel {<br />
FONT: 12px verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000<br />
}<br />
SELECT {<br />
FONT: 12px verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000<br />
}<br />
<br />
</STYLE><br />
</head><br />
<title>Rap's News</title><br />
<center><br />
<br />
<body bgcolor="#000000"><br />
<table background="bg.jpg" height=582 width=700><br />
<tr width=700 height=122><br />
<td valign=top width=175 height=122><br />
<FONT face=verdana color=white size=3><br />
<br />
<br />
</td><td width=523 height=122 align=right valign=bottom><br />
<TABLE STYLE="filter:glow(color=black, strength=2)"><br />
<TR><TD><FONT face=verdana color=white size=1>Design by ritual</table></tr><br />
<tr width=700 height=456><br />
<td valign=top width=175 height=456><br />
<FONT face=verdana color=white size=1><br />
<p><ins>About</ins></p><br />
<p><ins>50 Cent</ins></p><br />
<p><ins>G-unit</ins></p><br />
<p><ins><a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"eminem.html">Eminem</a></ins></p><br />
<p><ins><a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"links.html" target="style">Links</a></ins></p><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
</td><td bgcolor=darkred valign=top width=525 height=456><br />
<DIV id=scroll3 style="OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 521px; HEIGHT: 454px"><FONT face=verdana color=black size=1>w0ot w0ot<br />
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br />
</tr><tr height=39 width=700><br />
<td height=39 width=700></table><br />
<br />
<font color="white" size=2><br />
ritual<!--content-->sorry if i'm not explaining well<!--content-->First of all, you need to work on cleaning up your coding. You have several places where you didnt close the table cells and/or rows properly, font tags, or your nested tables weren't closed in the proper order. You also didn't use the closing tags at the end of the page. I redid the code the way you should have it. Compare them to see what I mean.<br />
I left a table border in the page.<br />
<br />
Secondly, what is the rational purpose of using dozens and dozens of line breaks? To make the page taller? Theres no data to be separating. It's a waste of your time and energy to even put them there. If you have a height you want, indicate it in the td tag as "height=300", or whatever size you need.<br />
<br />
Thirdly I assume that, when you click on the links on the left, you want the resulting information to appear in the red box on the right. You can do this with an Iframe and a target link.<!--content-->Okay, all right, I think I get it. Thanks a lot, dawg. I owe ya. THank you all!<!--content-->

Back