Huge problem in my frames!

windows

I have just discovered a very annoying problem with a website I am designing. I have three frames, one at the top for the site name, one on the left for the navigation menu, and the main one for the pages to be displayed in. It all works fine, however on one of my pages I have links that open up a new window using Javascript. For example, I click on one link and the code I have is:<br />
<br />
javascript:openWindow('a.html','Title',470,470);<br />
<br />
This opens up a new window 470 x 470 displaying that page. The problem occurs after any page is opened like this. From then on, even if that window is closed, any button I click on in the navigation bar opens that page in a new window, not in the main frame as it should. Is there any easy solution to this? I am using Dreamweaver MX to design the site. Thank you very much in advance.<!--content-->so you are talking about if you open a.html and close the other one and just run off a.html only it does this?<br />
<br />
another way I see it is once a.html is open and you close it and then what ever link you click on it opens another window like the one in a.html<br />
<br />
or am I out in left field.<!--content-->Hi,<br />
<br />
It turns out I had a faulty Javascript function which was causing the prroblem. I replaced the code and it works perfectly now. Thank you.<!--content-->

Back