Huge newb question, input output

liunx

Alright, first post here. Great forums btw. If i'm posting this in the wrong place im sorry. I'm sort of just getting into html and I had a question on how to do something. Ok here it is.<br />
<br />
I Want two text boxes, one above, one below. And a command button. When the button is pushed I want the Letters in the top textbox (Its Alpha only) to be kind of coded in the bottom textbox, I want it one to the right of each letter you push on the keyboard. Please not this is letters only, for example. A = S, S = D, P = [, And so on, and I understand there is no "Next letter to the right" command heh, It will probably have to be done letter by letter, thank god there is only 26 :)<br />
<br />
So just give me an example with 2 or 3 letters and I'll do the rest, I hope this wasn't too confusing.<!--content-->I found a better way of putting it if you dont understand what I'm asking.<br />
<br />
If I put this in the top textbox: "asdf"<br />
<br />
Push button<br />
<br />
I want it to say this in the bottom textbox: "sdfg"<!--content-->this requires a PHP script, and im sure one of the mods will gladly move it in there.<br />
<br />
i think it will use the explode() function, but i'm not sure.<!--content-->Ack im sorry about that, ill go ahead and post over there, and then delete this.<!--content-->not a good idea, you cant delete posts!<!--content-->OMG, I already posted over there...man, im probably going to get flamed like hell now :(<br />
<br />
I'm sorry everyone!<!--content-->nah, its ok, you didnt know. we dont flame around these parts.<!--content-->sounds like it could be done server side with a script like PHP or client side with javascript, so decide which route you want to take, PHP or javascript. It can't be done with just regular HTML code though.<!--content-->

Back