HTML Tutorial - Arachnophilia

I am a novice. I briefly read an HTML tutorial and have a basic idea of the basic layout of a page:<br />
for example<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<TITLE>A Simple HTML Example</TITLE><br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
<H1>HTML is Easy To Learn</H1><br />
<P>Welcome to the world of HTML.<br />
This is the first paragraph. While short it is<br />
still a paragraph!</P><br />
<P>And this is the second paragraph.</P><br />
</body><br />
</html><br />
<br />
But to save time, rather than create a webpage by hardcoding html myself,<br />
I used Frontpage Express to create the web page; because its easier (you can just type in english and it generates the html code for you).<br />
<br />
Does anyone know a website that has a good HTML Tutorial that gives detailed information and practical examples on how to use HTML tags and write HTML code yourself?<br />
<br />
Of course Frontpage Express is a very limited bare-bones program.<br />
I am looking for a more powerful program that will allow me to create a much more professional looking site. I'm probably going to eventually add some cgi, java scripts and possibly some ad banners, frames.etc.<br />
<br />
I don't know anything about any of the other html programs (which are good-which are bad).<br />
I can't afford Dreamweaver (although its a powerful program).<br />
One program that has come to my attention is Arachnophilia -it is freeware. <br />
I have heard some people claim it is an outstanding program.<br />
<br />
Can anyone give me their opinion of this program and maybe a couple of other programs that you prefer and why?<br />
<br />
I read through the Help in the Arachnophilia Program - it is very basic and doesn't really give examples of some of the advanced features or explain them. Does anyone know of a good tutorial with practical examples on how to use this program?<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->nope I use notepad. once you get to where you know html pretty good you will be using it also. all you have to do is look at the source of webpages and see how they did it. also there is a lot of tutorials on the net on how to code in html. but if you venture in to the realm of serverside programming (php, cgi, asp) then you will be forced to go into a notepad coding. most big programs don't allow serverside coding, except DreamWeaver MX which allows php, but is not recommended to do it this way as you don't learn anything.<br />
<br />
my site has links to various tutorials for html coding. just click the image in my sig and you are there.<!--content-->i would just recommend notepad (or the equivalent) cause then you will learn the most, and will have the commanding power over what your website looks like.<!--content-->I agree with everyone above. Using notepad to learn is one of the easier ways to learn. Thats how I learned but when it came to the more advanced technicques I went to some guides online forhelp.<!--content-->Notepad and something like Front Page is kind of like deciding between paper and pencil and calculator. One requires more work while the other is much easier. However, when you do paper and pencil, you tend to know how you got your answer and understand the math a little better. It's all up to personal preference.<br />
<br />
Forgive the analogy, I had to.<!--content-->Analogies, the basis of the world...but confusing<!--content-->

Back