HTML Template - XML - HTML

sledmore

I'm working on a mailer system where I'm required to replace variables in html template with actual values in our database. Earlier, I was getting a plain HTML template where I was required to overwrite the variable's actual value from database to the template itself. However, I was not comfortable with it. I made the following suggestion that instead of whole HTML template, pass XML containing the attributes which we seek to replace with actual values from database(sort of RSS). Now I am finding a way to put the actual values found from the database to the original template. Let us take an example:\[code\]<html> <body> <div var="toxml"> <li> PROFILEID(This will be a number) NAME AGE(etc.) </li> </div> </body></html>\[/code\]The XML which will be generated out of this will be\[code\]<PROFILEID val="Number"> <NAME></NAME> <AGE></AGE></PROFILEID>\[/code\]Now I will stuff in the values from database in this xml only(XML parsing tools are available for php).Now my question is, how can I put the stuffed values in the XML back to the HTML template from which it came?

Back