[HTML] picture wont aligh right

liunx

Hi All, here I am again. First thanks for all the previous help you've given me - great!<br />
<br />
Well.. it's about the same site again, take a look at it here:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://home.wanadoo.nl/rnas/temp/trs/">http://home.wanadoo.nl/rnas/temp/trs/</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
problem now is that the right top logo (the one with 5 pictures of 'football' fields) wont aligh to the right! I've said the alighment should be right in the table and I also said to aligh it right via text (know what i mean?) Anyway... this is double, but that shouldn't matter. Problem still remains that it is showing correct here, but on some systems it's not showing on the right and it goes to the middle. I also specified a table width (same as the pic) so I don't see why there i any white space on the right of the most right picture.<br />
<br />
So.. does anyone have a suggetion on how to fix this? I just want to get it right.<br />
<br />
And does anyone have an idea why A LOT OF WINDOWS systems don't let mp3 and mp4 sounds files SOUND when you use them as background sound?<!--content-->I think i may have fixed it, the cell on the left of the most right cell said it should align in the center and middle, I removed that so that may solve the problem. Could some people verify that the logo is shown completely on the right (the one with the green football fields)?<br />
<br />
<br />
The question about MP3 and MP4 remains though...<!--content-->yeah your image shows fine in the top right corner below the first blue line...<br />
<br />
I'm not sure why your sound files arent working, i use mp3's as background music and they work fine, i use win98se with IE5 & have had no problem, i'd like to know how it looks in NN though...<br />
<br />
Is it windows that is the problem though are the file accosiations set to run mp3's / mp4's on your PC..?<br />
<br />
Might not be the problem anyway it could be a combination of things, is your html code ok..?<br />
<br />
Are we reffering to the page you left the link for earlier right..?<br />
<br />
Here to help... jaeman}:-)<!--content-->i haven't added sounds on this page yet. the page is abouts robots, so i'm having a robot voice saying the names of the links in mp3 or mp4. col thing is when you do this mono and a lower rate the files becomes small (they are REAL short), so they are always between 20 and 40k or so... so that's doable.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
i have it on this page though:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://home.wanadoo.nl/rnas/index.html">http://home.wanadoo.nl/rnas/index.html</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
with this as code:<br />
<br />
=========================<br />
<embed src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"sounds/striferloop.mp3" width="400" height="50" type="video/x-mpeg" autoplay="true" controller="false" cache="true" loop="true" hidden="true"><br />
=========================<br />
<br />
<br />
the type="" could be wrong, but it was the only way it worked.. anyway.. only known way for me. lol.<!--content-->btw, ULTRA-lol @jaeman's joke<!--content-->some browsers will not render empty table cells.<br />
<br />
<td height="86"></td><br />
<br />
you have to at least have a non-breaking space in there like so<br />
<br />
<td height="86">&nbsp;</td><br />
<br />
you have many cells that are empty. <br />
<br />
your sounds works for me in Mozilla. but never make it loop like that as it sounds like crap. also if you do that make sure you give the user a way to stop it, if you don't they will just leave your site.<!--content-->on a different note, a design flaw many designers ignore is making a link as obvious as possible to the viewer, you need to reduce as much as possible anything that will make a user leave your site prematurely, i only relised there are links amongst your text because i happened to move the mouse over that area, otherwise i wouldn't have noticed them!<!--content-->the loop isn't bad here, it's not fluently but not horrible.. i've heard more of that horrible about that sound though and i' having a good sound-guy (a friend of mine.. sound exp on computer.. well.. at least i think he is) making it a smooth loop. i guess windows makes it sound horrible.<br />
<br />
anyway... the sound will stop when you enter the site, background music is mostly irritatingh and people will leave your site.... so.. OR you stop it after the initial page (in this case it will auto redirect to the rest of the site after 20 seconds or so) OR you give an option to turn it off.<br />
<br />
And Leoo... I guess you're right... i'll specify in the CSS to make the links underlinded... I do however find it ugly and I can pick out the links on my own, even if they are not underlined... just as easy. But hey... there's that great option in my browser of turning off underlined links while surfing :-) soooooo... underlined links for the people who want it and a nice view for me! <br />
<br />
WHOHOOOO<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
*wanders off to add some good deal of non breakings spaces...*<!--content-->hmmm when i put the non breaking space in my empty tables (td's) then they all **** up... i mean.. those lines are not 2 pixels high anymore, but as high as the standard text.<br />
<br />
got any suggestions?<!--content-->then you make a spacer image that is 1x1 and insert it into the cell.<!--content-->Ok, A couple things:<br />
#1 - The alignment you want on that top image works fine in Mozilla 0.6.1, BUT in IE 6 it's still centered.<br />
<br />
#2 - When you fill all your cells with &nbsp; all you have to do, it set the style for rows with the 2px lines. set it like this:<br />
<tr style="height:2px; line-height:2px;"><br />
It worked for me like that. The problem is that the line height for the text size of the &nbsp; is bigger than 2px. so it will not let you make the row smaller than the text. The line height command fixes that.<br />
<br />
Aaron<!--content-->

Back