<li>blah<br />
<li>more blah blah blah<br />
</ol><br />
<li>more blah<br />
<li>blah blah blah<br />
</ol><br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks for any help!<!--content-->You should then try a definition list. The only problem is you will have to remember to write what what you want the bullet to look like.<br />
<br />
Here:<br />
<br />
<dl><br />
<dt>1. a.<br />
<dd>blah blah<br />
<dt>1. b.<br />
<dd>more blah blah<br />
<dl><br />
<dd>1. b. i.<br />
<dt>have you got the hang of this?<br />
</dl><br />
<dt>1. c.<br />
<dd>more more more<br />
</dl><br />
<br />
Not sure where this falls into line with html 4.01 though... not used this for a while.<!--content-->why? that is the purpose of the ordered list. they are subsets of each other.<!--content-->I dont think the poster wants the sub sets broken up but on the same line and in full... I can understand that, but it depends on the end use and how the author wants the look and feel of the list.<!--content-->then you can't use the second <ol>, just type it out. unless leo or you can use some css to make it go back up, I got it to go to the left but not up a lin<!--content-->The reason I want 2. and a. to be on the same line is because there is nothing to 2. except for the subheaders.<br />
<br />
I'd use a pre tag then, but you can't limit the width of it and such, which is a pain.<!--content-->So why not use the definition list like I said?<!--content-->Originally posted by entimp <br />
So why not use the definition list like I said? <br />
<br />
Well then there are other faults. Such as:<br />
<br />
1. a. <br />
blah blah <br />
1. b. <br />
more blah blah <br />
1. b. i. <br />
have you got the hang of this? <br />
1. c. <br />
more more more <br />
<br />
The newline is now somewhere else, as well as the parents repeating themselves.<br />
<br />
Why don't you just have section headings for each number?<!--content-->I think I'll just go the long way - with paragraphs and that.<br />
<br />
I'm not doing this for myself, so its not really my choice. I suppose I could fall back on Word 9 generation, but that stands against everything good design is, I suppose.<br />
<br />
(Edit: Yes, I know I've edited this several times now, the quote was annoying me)<!--content-->Use CSS, preferably with the CSS code in an external style sheet.<br />
<br />
<br />
Set a class with display: inline and use that class on one of the elements that you want on the same line.<!--content-->I already tried the inline thing and it took away the numbers on the outside. in mozilla<!--content-->

Back