Html Links........again

liunx

Thanks for replying to this everyone: One more quick question (at the bottom).<br />
<br />
{Hello. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I want to put a link on my site to a .pdf file (or .doc, .txt, doesn't really matter for my question) and I want to know how to get a box to pop up giving the user the option to "open" or to "save" the file. I know that if your computer has the correct program it will open a link automatically, I just want to be able to bypass this.....Thanks for your help.}<br />
<br />
<br />
NEW QUESTION: What about sites like tucows or Download <!--more-->.com. Are their programs giving you the option to "save" or "open" because they're .exe's or because of some other reason?<br />
<br />
Thanks again,<br />
<br />
STU<!--content-->it because they are all compressed in most commonly .zip files<!--content-->I guess I'm not sure why you want to bypass this. :confused:<br />
<br />
I think it would depend on what file type you are referring to since most browsers will do this work for you. Also, you'll have to make sure your dialog box is simple to understand, when you start playing with the elements a normal user has become accustomed to (alert boxes, etc...) you may be creating another issue of how comfortable the user is with your site.<!--content-->

Back