html layers over a flash movie

liunx

Hi, <br />
<br />
Does anyone know if it possible to have a HTML layer hovering over a flash movie?<br />
<br />
I have images that when hovered over, trigger DHTML menu's to drop down (using layers). My problem is that when the menu's drop down, they appear behind the flash movie.<br />
<br />
It seems as if the flash player takes precidence over everything else, as I have even tried putting the flash movie within another layer and altering the z-index values so that the flash layer is stacked at the bottom.<br />
<br />
Does anyone know a way around this?<br />
<br />
any help would be most appreciated<br />
<br />
thanks heaps<br />
<br />
JON<!--content-->this is my take on this and it is purley a stab in the dark. since flash is using a plugin from the OS then i am guessing it is not controlled by the browser. it could be like a select from a form as that can't change it's indexing either.<br />
<br />
make sure when you index it you also index your menus<!--content-->Scoutt, <br />
<br />
you are more correct than you know. When a webpage sees a swf file, it passes a request through the browser to the plugin... and off to an active-x control. You wont be able to place a layer or div above the flash movie, so perhaps you should place the flash movie INSIDE a div/ layer and hide it then the DHTML menus appear. You will often experience the same thing when layers intercede with form elements.<!--content-->

Back