HTML help :)

liunx

alright i sorta have a problem, i've got this frommy freind.<br />
<br />
<TABLE width="1200"height="80" STYLE="position: absolute;top:0;left:20"><tr><td><font color=white><br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/#I><font color="white"><MARQUEE behavior=alternate direction=up height=22 width="2%"><FONT color=#white face=webdings size=2>666</FONT></MARQUEE><FONT color=#000000><B>press here</B></FONT> touch it <a href=#M><br />
<br />
<center><a name=#M><b><br />
<br />
<div id="main" style="width:200;height:200;overflow:hidden;position:absolute;top:5;left:128;"><font color=white><a name=#I><p align=center><b><FONT color=#1C2766><br />
<br />
can someonegooer thisline by line andtell me wtf it does?<br />
<br />
thanks<!--content-->Yuk!<br />
<br />
<br />
It is a fixed width table, much wider than anyone's screen, with a scrolling marquee banner, and a clickable link that takes you to another section of the page (where you would need to have <a name="M"></a> at the place you are jumping to.<br />
<br />
<br />
However, that code is awful.<br />
<br />
You need to "quote" all attributes.<br />
<br />
Hmm, marquee is browser specific code.<br />
<br />
<font color=white> gets opened at least three times in a row; once would be enough. <br />
<br />
Loads of closing tags missing.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Shoot the author.<!--content--><TABLE width="1200"height="80" STYLE="position: absolute;top:0;left:20"> a table - a block made up of small cells, much like you'd see in Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet program - with fixed size, positioned on the page 20 pixels from the left and 0pixels from the top, regardless of the positions of other elements on the page ("absolutely" positioned, as opposed to "relatively")<br />
<br />
<tr> start a row of cells<br />
<br />
<td> start a cell within the row opened above<br />
<br />
<font color=white> white text<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/#I> link to a section of the current page arbitrarily named "I"<br />
<br />
<font color="white"> white text<br />
<br />
<MARQUEE behavior=alternate direction=up height=22 width="2%"> a scrolling banner of text which moves up, then down, then repeats, within 22 pixels, and taking up 2% of the width of the parent element, which in this case reverts to the data cell (<td>)<br />
<br />
<FONT color=#white face=webdings size=2> white text of font "webdings" at small size (2)<br />
<br />
666 text you actually see on the page<br />
<br />
</FONT> end font specification<br />
<br />
</MARQUEE> end marquee<br />
<br />
<FONT color=#000000> black text<br />
<br />
<B> bold text<br />
<br />
press here text you actually see on the page<br />
<br />
</B> end bold<br />
<br />
</FONT> end font<br />
<br />
touch it text you actually see on the page<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/#M> link to a section of the current page arbitrarily named "M"<br />
<br />
<center> align any elements to the center of the parent element, which in this case reverts to the data cell (<td>)<br />
<br />
<a name=#M> link to a section of the current page arbitrarily named "M"<br />
<br />
<b> bold text<br />
<br />
<div id="main" style="width:200;height:200;overflow:hidden;position:absolute;top:5;left:128;"> a block, similar to the table, but made up of a single, self-sufficient cell. the width and height are specified to be 200 somethings (probably pixels, but not specified!). any content inside this that would normally make the block stretch itself out to fit the content is hidden, and the position is absolutely 5 pixels from the top and 128 from the left, irregardless of the positions of any other elements. will overlap with the table.<br />
<br />
<font color=white> white text<br />
<br />
<a name=#I> link to a section of the current page arbitrarily named "I"<br />
<br />
<p align=center> a paragraph, which is normally formatted as if there were an extra line-break above and below ("blocked"), wherein text, or other content, is aligned to the center.<br />
<br />
<b> bold text<br />
<br />
<FONT color=#1C2766> dark blue font. the numbers read as follows: red(1C) green (27) blue(66), in hexidecimal format (123456789ABCDEF). the higher the number, the more color there is. #ff0000 is pure red. #FFFF00 is pure yellow. #00FF00 is pure green. #00FFFF is pure cyan. #0000FF is pure blue. and #FFFFFF is pure white and #000000 is pure black.<br />
<br />
<br />
DO NOT USE THIS CODE. as Giz stated, it sucks $%@*. smack the author immediately and repeatedly. there are far too many missing things and poorly written bits to make it worth using. in short, it is incomplete and generally fouled up pretty badly.<!--content-->>>smack the author immediately and repeatedly<< <br />
<br />
lol, can i get a slap in too :D that code is awfull<br />
<br />
marquee is deprecated also<!--content-->

Back