HTML form submission

liunx

I have an html form on a web page. When i submit the form i do not want the message box 'form submission' dislayed or the 'email program' message box displayed. How do i get rid of these so the form is sent with no interruptions?<br />
<br />
Cheers<!--content-->it depends on what cgi scripting you/your hoast allows you to use the easyest thing would be to ask your hoast to tell you or you could install different a different cgi script (if you are allowed to) if it cant be turned off<br />
<br />
Hope this helps<br />
<br />
Bonkom :pimp:<!--content-->the only thing you can do is what what bonkom said, you must use a serverside language like cgi, asp, or php and then that will let you not use the mailto: tag in your forms' action.<br />
<br />
bottom line is that you can't use the mailto: in your forms' action if you don't want that message.<!--content-->Im not sure if i have the same problem but:<br />
<br />
When ppl click on submit on my form (sending to email) in IE (works well in opera) it tries to open outlook and wont send the data without it. Why is this?<br />
<br />
Is there a way to make it send to my email without opening outlook?<br />
<br />
And also can i make it show a page once it has been submitted?<br />
<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->the same reason, <br />
<br />
if you use mailto: in the form action it will open the users default email program, no if's and's or but's.<br />
<br />
if you want to show a thank you page and don't want to load the users default email, then you have to use serverside language like cgi, php, or asp.<!--content-->

Back