HTML Email.

liunx

I'd like to create an email that looks like a web page, such as the ones people like Tescos send out, but I'm not sure of the best way to achieve this. I have created an image in Photoshop and then created new stationary in Outlook Express using this image, but I'm not sure what size it should be to display the whole image without scrolling. I started off with the image 1000x800 pixels but it was too large. Does anyone know what size is good for standard email, or of a better way to do this. Any help greatly appreciated.<!--content-->no one can answer it but you.<br />
Basically it depends upon the resolution the client machine might have.You can use 800 X 600 but a user might have a lower rees then this or may be allot bigger such as 1200 X 1000(just an example)<br />
And to my knowledge email clients that do display HTML mail that do not allow JavaScript to work so you can not determine image size at run time.<br />
<br />
Now adays though 800 X 600 is pretty standard,i'd say go with it.<!--content-->Thanks for that, is this the best way to achieve this, using "create stationary" in Outlook Express, or is there a better way ?<!--content-->

Back