HTML e-mail

liunx

Hi,<br />
<br />
I have a small company. How can I create HTML e-mails from MS Word? I want to send to my customers my newsletter. <br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
Jorge<!--content-->from within word you can save what ever you have created as an html page by using save as . . .<br />
<br />
then in your email program (like outlook express) insert the htm document in the email body - don't attach it - insert it - the insert menu item is at the top on OE.<br />
<br />
hope this helps.<!--content-->Hi Beach B.,<br />
<br />
thanks for your help. I tried to insert the .HTM file but Outlook opens a window asking me to select from which type of file should I import: windows metafiles, JPG, etc.<br />
<br />
there is no .HTM option to import from. Any other type of file I select, OUtlook pops up a window saying that 'it was unable to convert the file...".<br />
<br />
Can you help me on this?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
Jorge<!--content-->Try this:<br />
open your htm file as a text file. (You can do this by opening it in Notepad, if you select "All Files" first).<br />
<br />
You will see some HTML code. Select all of it and copy it to clipboard.<br />
<br />
Then in the email program, paste it straight into the email. To see if this works, send the email to yourself.<!--content-->In Outlook Express -<br />
<br />
Hit the Creat Mail button<br />
<br />
Then in the menu row select Insert / File Attachment<br />
<br />
You get a pop-up window. The default file type is ALL. If not, select it with the drop down.<br />
<br />
Then navigate to your HTML file and hit the attach button.<br />
<br />
Hope this works for you.<!--content-->oops - yes right - my last post said the wrong insert. and I clearly said the right thing in my first post - what was I thinking???<br />
<br />
as for selecting the format, one more point - you create that default in the options on the send tab for OE. If html is not your default (which means you have selected text) you can change the default there. that would eliminate one step. I assume your default is already html as that is the way OE installs.<br />
<br />
thanks Dave for the correction.<!--content-->

Back