HTML 4.01 Strict Validation...

liunx

My site is hosted at geocities, and probably will remain so, due to the fact that I don't have an income to pay for hosting, and it's not important enough to get a job for :) .<br />
<br />
I went to W3.org (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://validator.w3.org/">http://validator.w3.org/</a><!-- m -->) and got my page validated as HTML 4.01 Strict. Well, the only errors that are thrown are from the Geocities advertisement code. There's around 20+ errors. I was wondering, since MY code is valid, if it would be okay for me to add the "Valid HTML 4.01 Strict" graphic to my site.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
***EDIT***<br />
I copied the HTML from my site, and saved it on my computer, than used the "Upload file from your computer" feature, and the code validated as HTML 4.01 Strict.<!--content-->Originally posted by Paul Jr <br />
I was wondering, since MY code is valid, if it would be okay for me to add the "Valid HTML 4.01 Strict" graphic to my site. I'm afraid that would be dishonest. What matters is not your intentions but that actual mark up that you are sending to people's browsers.<!--content-->Hmmm, I was afraid of that :(. Oh well, such is life. Thanks for your help, Charles.<!--content-->Irony of the matter is that one would think these companies will follow the standards and insert some darn valid code in the pages..but...sigh.....:mad:<br />
<br />
This makes me wonder, how knowledgeable people do work for companies like these......??????<!--content-->Yeah, brinkster's advertisement code is the invalid XHTML code. I'm not going to bother with it at the moment, since I plan on upgrading my service and removing the advert code soon.<br />
<br />
Havik<!--content-->Well, it is the only reason I decided to pay for my domain is that it doesn't mutilate my XHTML with server code insertions, i.e. advert code.<!--content-->Paul, I would. I took the care to make my code XHTML strict and I am proud of it. If some external snippet causes the validator to throw in an error, I'd live with it. Hell, I'll even claim an AAA/508 compliance if the only non-compliant thing is the advert code.<br />
<br />
I don't believe its wrong to do that, because I am a learner; and its the effort that counts, not just the end result.<!--content-->Originally posted by nkaisare <br />
Paul, I would. I took the care to make my code XHTML strict and I am proud of it. If some external snippet causes the validator to throw in an error, I'd live with it. Hell, I'll even claim an AAA/508 compliance if the only non-compliant thing is the advert code.<br />
<br />
I don't believe its wrong to do that, because I am a learner; and its the effort that counts, not just the end result. <br />
<br />
:) Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, I'm thinking on it.<br />
<br />
Hell, I'll even claim an AAA/508 compliance<br />
What's that?<!--content-->

Back