hoxxy help (is this possible)

Curtis129

i tried the collumn hack with <if> attribute n stuff and still no luck

horizontalforum.png

i pretty much want 1 cirtain catagorie to look like that

betrocker

What i dont understand is why dont you try column hack...i'm shure that you can get that look with column hack...

betrocker

Curtis129 said:
see this is why i ask for hoxxy.... do you even read my god damn post?

Yes i read but i dont see the need to use <if> statement if you install column hack...just type 3 in forum manager for certain category and thats it.

If you install column hack you will need to modify forumhome_forumbit_columncell template but you will get exactly what you want.

Curtis129

ok. you do it on a test forum. and show me its possible. then ill believe you.
im not a first timer with vbulletin. and i have previously made a thread about this same thing.

Filez

curtis where did you get the pic from what site or did you create it? It looks nice but also need a bit more info..like where will this be placed...footer? header? mid forum? will it be global?

I have once used an advertisment hack that did the same thing your showing..but havent tried on 3.8 yet.

betrocker

Install hack that someone sugested (posted by me).

It took me 10min of work to get what you want (see screenshots).

First category have 3 columns,2nd have 2,3rd and 4th doesn have columns (screenshot 1).

To have columns go to AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager

at the very bottom you will find box for number of columns (screenshot 2).

I made this in default style but you can make it in any style you want.

mmmxiv

Dude, I know you're not a first timer, but if you only want the advice of Hoxxy, then PM him, or leave him a visitor message, your attitude to people who are trying to help you stinks. If you created the image, then we can only try to replicate the results, and we can only do that to a certain degree. In my opinion, what has been posted is the closest you're going to get without someone making a completely new hack.

Hoxxy

Time for the Hoxxy reply: :)
I think betrockers suggestion to use the column mod is your best bet for the results your after.

slightly of topc:
Damn I know im good (oh dear I can't get though the door because of my big head...lol) but whats with all the Hoxxy please help me posts...lmao

Heres how I see it... If can help I will answer your post if I cant I won't, theres really no need to stick my name in the title to grab my attention, I come on vBTEAM at least 10 times a day (if not more) so rarely miss a single post...

before you call me a sad BEEP! I work from home and am an insomniac so only get around 3 hours sleep a day :) :)

betrocker

I can only add this-if you want exactly the same result like on picture you posted then install apropriate style because the look of columns depends on style that you chose...or pm me the link of forum where you find that columns...

Curtis129

betrocker, can you please add me on msn?
and hoxxy i just thought you would be one to know even the slightest bit because i know this is a fairly hard thing to achieve..
sorry if i was acting like a dick to people.