how to?simple <meta>'s

liunx

howdy ho!<br />
<br />
i checked the forums for simmilar problems but i didnt find any simple ones, my question is<br />
<br />
whate do i have to write on my html so that if someone types something that is in the text of the page at a search engine will find my web page, also i want to know where do i write other keywords that i dotn want them to appear on the site but i want them to function as search keys.<br />
<br />
thank you.<!--content-->Put a keyword meta tag in the head section<br />
<br />
Like this<br />
<br />
<head><br />
<title>Blah Blah Blah</title><br />
<meta name="keywords" content="keyword1, keyword 2 "><br />
</head><br />
<br />
You should also have a description meta tag for search engines to display a description for ur site.<!--content-->your reply was very helpfull, but isint there a way to make the search engines look at the content of the page? are keywords the onyl way still? do you know any really good meta tag tutorials???<br />
<br />
<br />
thanx!<br />
alex<!--content-->well the big search engines are getting away from meta tags and there is really nothing you can do to *make* the search engine read the page. sure you can do a lot of stuff but most search engines tend to be very picky as to what you do, if you put text that is the same color as you background then they will think it is spam and they won't index you. you can still use the meta tags and submit to searhc engines once a month or every other month and that is it.<!--content-->Originally posted by alex80 <br />
your reply was very helpfull, but isint there a way to make the search engines look at the content of the page? are keywords the onyl way still? do you know any really good meta tag tutorials???<br />
<br />
<br />
thanx!<br />
alex <br />
<br />
Search engines always look into the content in a page and you dont have to do anything to make them look into the content.<br />
<br />
Meta tags tutorial - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/meta.html">http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/meta.html</a><!-- m --><!--content-->

Back