how to run .exe from web browser

liunx

Hi,<br />
<br />
Does anyone know if it is possible to run an executable from a web browser (HTML page)<br />
<br />
the exe is an auto install that we install on pc's and is install in the same directory on all our users PC's..<br />
<br />
At the moment I can put in a link that asks you to OPEN or Download <!--more-->... if you click on open it opens OK but I do not want this box to open.. I just want it to run the exe automatically.....<br />
<br />
Anyone have any ideas.... someone metioned look at shell, but I am unsure of this process<!--content-->the only way to do it is to make a change in the registry of each individual PC.<br />
<br />
Its kind of a security feature so that you can scan a files before executing it.<br />
<br />
<br />
I can't remember the exact key, but there have been many people who have asked this question before, so if you do a search through the forums, you should find it.<!--content-->Can this registry cahnge be done with some code in the HTML? or Javascript<!--content-->I cannot find anything in the search about changing the registry settings??? any more help would be appreciated<!--content-->sorry, you're right. I can't find it when I search either. But I know someone has posted how to do it.<br />
<br />
<br />
Allowing the Internet page override the computer settings is very dangerous - imagine what all those b******* virus programmers could do if they could Download <!--more--> to you without you knowing.<br />
<br />
The Open/Save dialog is a security feature and cannot be overridden at this time (and I hope it never shall).<!--content-->You'll need more than HTML and JavaScript to change some ones registry settings, Active X can do wonders!!<br />
<br />
But, unless the surfers know that this is going to happen I wouldnt bother. You may lose alot of surfers compaired to the amount of people who stick around to Download <!--more--> the full file.<!--content-->

Back