How to remove Vbulletin frm CSS

Imroz

I was just trying to get rid of all "vBulletin" words from the source of home page of my forum.

I m talking about the source that we see on notepad when we click view source button in the browser.

i was able to get rid of all vbulletin instances by editing meta generator tag and the file names in clientscript folder but i got stuck with this one

Code:
<!-- CSS Stylesheet -->
<style type="text/css" id="vbulletin_css">
<!--
/* vBulletin 3 CSS For Style 'Style Name' (styleid: 2) */

i just want to know how i can remove "vBuleltin" from here.

i dont know how much helpful it will be to hide the fact that i m using vBulletin... but i m more than curious to know since i spent 2 hour s to figure it out.

PS:I already changed name of the function "vbulletin_css()" in clientscripts/texteditor.js

Thanks In advance

Hoxxy

You would have to start from the beginning open up all file in notepad and replace all instances of vbulletin (and theres alot) from the files found in the download and replace with something else then install. but its seriously not worth it as you may screw everything up if you make a mistake, plus diehard vB fans will know your running vB it just and obvious recognisable script

Imroz

Thanks for your reply.. i understand its not of much help to hide it from VB experts..
but I feel at least my html source visible to not so knowledgable ppl ..who just try to view the plain home page source will feel that its phpBB or SMF

and i just wanna know how to remove these two instances of Vbulletin
word... not alll...

I know its difficult and yeah not worth attempting to try for all instances...

or is it that u wanna say just to remove Vbulletin from these two lines I will hv to remove it from all pages?

<!-- CSS Stylesheet -->
<style type="text/css" id="vbulletin_css">
<!--
/* vBulletin 3 CSS For Style 'Style Name' (styleid: 2) */

Then i guess i better forget it ..lol

Thanks for your reply.

sohahm

Can somebody please tell me how can I remove the following from my vbulletin?

/**
* vBulletin 3.8.1 CSS
* Style: 'Fundamental'; Style ID: 10
*/

Thank you

loganforand

Why would you want to remove it? I honestly don't know why, it's a great forum software and props for the team who made it..

Logan